Belgian lifestyle in Prague – They share their tricks
We lived in Prague for one year and two months and it was one of our best experiences abroad. In our opinion, this is without any doubt one of the most beautiful and magical cities we have ever seen and lived in. Some friends even compared it to the “Disney Land for adults”! Every season is different and transforms the city in a unique way. In winter, it is often covered with snow and Christmas markets are at every corner, giving the feeling of a unique atmosphere. In spring, life comes again with trees and terraces flourishing all over the city. Summer is the most dynamic season and offers a plethora of outside activities! Our favorite one was to gather after work in the surrounding parks to enjoy a Czech beer with a group of friends. Finally, autumn gives place to a festival of colors and lights.
It would be too difficult to list the activities, places, or other must see as they are legion! Therefore, we will give you the same tips as we were giving to our visitors:
- Have a picnic in Riegrovy Sady and enjoy the most beautiful sunset in Prague!
- Walk in the old town early in the morning, and enjoy the beauty of old streets in perfect quietness.
- Have a drink in the beer garden of the Letna park and enjoy the city lights.
- Have a delicious breakfast and hot coffee at the farmers’ market on Saturday morning in Jyriho Z Podebrad.
- Have a glass of wine and enjoy the amazing view at Bella vista restaurant, close to the Prague castle.
- Enjoy a nice drink on the terrace of the U Prince Hotel and admire the old town square.
- Try the best sushi in Prague in Sushi Tam Da in Jyriho Z Podebrad
- Dance all night long in the most hidden place of Prague – 2 Patro – on Dlouha 37 (2nd floor)
- Discover amazing cheesburgers in Palanda restaurant (behind Palladium mall)
- Check the amazing Art Nouveau interior of Prague’s municipal house
- Have a 3 hour-boat party on Friday or Saturday on the Disco Boat!
- Rent a boat on the Vltava river and hang out in the sun while enjoying the view
- Try some vegetarian delicacies in Lehka Hlava (but make sure to make a reservation, this place is really popular)
- For a more fancy night, go to Ambiente Brasiliero and have the best meat in town, as much as you want!! Don’t rush, the best is always served at the end and don’t miss the grilled pineapple!
- Have a glass of wine in Sahara café in Namesti Miru! The place is beautiful, despite the poor service…
- Enjoy a relaxing moment in the Spa of the Hotel Step, where you can sweat in the amazing saunas!
- Go to the movies in the oldest movie theater of Prague: Lucerna!
- In summer, you must go for a beer and live music on one of the most beautiful terraces of Prague: situated on the Vltava River, just between the Narodni Divadlo and Charles Bridge!
- Check the television tower and admire the babies crawling on it!
- Go to Akropolis, one of the most alternative night clubs in Prague!
- In summer, do not miss a nice diner on the Grosseto Marina boat!! It has the best view for a more than democratic price!! Try the Fresh pasta with vegetables!
- From 2Pm till 8 PM, it is cocktail time in Nebe! All cocktails for 2 Euros!
- Have a drink in Cross bar, certainly the most extravagant bar in the city!
- Winter is all about mulled wine!
- Don’t miss JohnLennon’s wall and leave your own message!
- Take a funny picture with the guards from Prague castle!
- Have a hot chocolate in the posh Café Imperial!
- Dance all night long in Chapeau rouge and go till the 2nd level downstairs!
- For hot days, go for a few hours at the outdoor swimming pool in the natural park divoka sarka (tram 26)
- For night-owls, Prague has a fantastic night transport system! Don’t miss the drunk atmosphere in old trams!
- Walk, walk and walk again…facades are stunning and you never have enough of the beauty that Prague has to offer!
Outside Prague: visit other cities by using the bus company Student Agency offering very cheap tickets to many destinations! You can buy tickets online!
- Cesky Krumlov, an old city in the South of Czech Republic and whose Old centre is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Karlovy Vary, famous spa city in Western Bohemia! Beautiful place for a one-day visit, but more expensive than Prague! Taste the natural waters!
- Mariánské Lázně, a spa town close to Karlovy Vary! Don’t miss the amazing train journey through the woods from Karlovy Vary to Marianske Lazne.
Elena & Felipe