Study abroad with the Erasmus scholarship
Who: Students at university (higher education)
Age: As soon as you register at university (usually universities do not send students abroad before their second year of study).
Type: Studies in a foreign univeristy.
Placements: The sending university (the one of the outgoing student) must have a learning agreement with the foreign one (hosting) in order to transfer the ECTS credits (European Credits Transfer System, learn more clicking on the ECTS button at the bottom of the page).
Type of partnership: The student needs to pick courses related to his/her field of study, normally each semester the student needs to pick enough courses to reach 30 ECTS (depending on the universities and the type of learning agreement).
Duration of the contract: From 1 semester up to a full academic year.
Requirements: Be selected by the sending university. The students must go to the international department of their university to know more about the specific requirements.
Travel: Normally the cost of the ticket is not included in the grant, but some universities might offer it to their students.
Accomodation: Almost every hosting university proposes accommodations to their foreign students on the campus or in the city. However, sometimes students may have to find an accommodation his/herself.
Last articles about Erasmus:
- Want to study abroad with Erasmus but you have a "special" need? No worries! Posted on: December 19, 2012
- Want to study abroad? Erasmus Intensive Language Courses (EILC) Posted on: December 13, 2012
- Erasmus experience in Granada, Spain of Ljiljana from Serbia: Erasmus once, Erasmus forever Posted on: October 7, 2012
- Erasmus: it's all in the name! Posted on: September 6, 2012
- 38 organisations to benefit from €712,000 in funding Posted on: August 30, 2012